1 Introduction

Rafał Jaroszewski

Carcass

A True Image of Ireland

How a Small Paradise Turned into a Real Hell.


1 Introduction 


It is the 17th of March - Saint Patrick’s Day, and I am on the train from Tralee to Dublin. People around me are wearing national colours, emblems. They are full of joy. No, I am not travelling to attend the parade, not for business either. First time since I remember I am not in the mood to celebrate that event. I don’t have any reason to be happy. I am looking for peace and quiet, but even here - the only place where I can be right now - the train, I can’t find what I am looking for. In fact all of that noise and happy people around made me sick not into my stomach, but into my bones. I am on a trip to nowhere, literally - just to kill my time. Going to the capital city of this country and back to avoid loud people, stay away from all noise, as there is no other option for me to escape. My attitude to Ireland changed drastically, and I would love to show why, by drawing the picture of your country, which you are not aware of, which you would like to hide, but all what I am writing about I experienced by myself. I went through all that pain. For me, Ireland, once my small paradise on Earth, changed over two months only, to the gray and grim land of absurdity full of pain, sorrow, despair with people stuck in a sick system digesting their worthless lives glued to smartphones as they are left to their own devices without any other option. I am not an investigative journalist so all of the details I am leaving for those who are inspired by my story and experiences would like to get a bit deeper to the subject. My point is to show you the way your government spends the money, your money, for supporting an institutionalised dysfunctional sadistic system of oppression which exists right next to your beautiful grasslands stretched along the cliffs full of happy sheep.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 The “Deciding Officer” Gregg Conroy and his everlasting investigation

7 Move, move like nobody's watching

12 Why am I doing it?